HADO is currently suspended.
The Help a 'Droid Out (HADO) list plays a "matchmaker" role — it is a moderated list where those seeking Android development assistance can find those who are interested in providing said assistance. There are no fees or ads associated with this list.
At present, HADO takes the form of a moderated Google Group.
Are You an Android Developer?
Just sign up to the group, or monitor it via a feed. Emails will go out once per weekday at most, typically (though not always) in the early morning on the US East Coast.
Each opportunity supplied in the HADO posts will have contact information, so you can contact the person or firm directly.
|Subscribe to HADO|
Do You Need an Android Developer?
Are you looking for:
- Somebody to write an Android application for you, on a contract or permanent basis?
- Somebody to collaborate with you on an open source Android project, or a project for a contest?
- Somebody to speak at an upcoming conference, unconference, or the like?
- A trainer, consultant, or other form of Android expert?
- Somebody to write for you, such as an Android column for a blog?
Just send an email to gro.bomdna|odah#gro.bomdna|odah with the details, and we will send it out to the HADO list at the next available opportunity. In your email, please include:
- A subject or tagline regarding what you are looking for
- 1-2 paragraphs with more details on what sort of assistance you are seeking, or any restrictions on who should be responding (e.g., location)
- URL(s) with additional information, if applicable
- Contact information that developers should use to respond to your query, or at least for the HADO administrators to use to contact you (see below)
If you wish to keep your query anonymous, mention this in the email, and include a suitably anonymous email address. HADO administrators will contact you to verify you are genuine, but otherwise will endeavor not to include any identifying information in the HADO posting.
HADO is for principals only. Recruiters, headhunters, and other middlemen are not eligible. So, if you need Android assistance directly, feel free to let us know and we can pass it along to the list. If you are trying to find assistance on behalf of somebody else, let the "somebody else" know to use HADO!
HADO administrators reserve the right to reject any query for any reason, though if you follow the instructions on this page, you should not encounter any problems.
HADO is modeled after Peter Shankman's Help a Reporter Out, a similar list for trying to match reporters with potential sources of information. Many thanks to Mr. Shankman for establishing this model!